Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring Stripes

The weather here in Oklahoma has gone from blizzards to 70 degree, spring-like weather. All in one week. The weather is so unpredictable here. I really hope it stays this way for awhile but who knows what the weather will be like next week! This warmer weather has inspired me to wear spring green on my nails.


I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green With Envy as the base and L.A.Colors Art Deco stripers in purple and green. I've never seen Green With Envy before so I think its new for spring. I've always like Xtreme Wear polish. (I don't like how they spell 'extreme' though..) This one applied nicely in two coats.

Chase said this reminded him of candy. =)



I probably should have waited longer before applying topcoat...the purple stripes smeared a little bit. For Valentine's Day Chase got me something I've needed for a long time....a place to store my nail polish! For some reason I've never been fond of the nail racks you hang on the wall. I wanted something that would give me lots of space (room to grow!) and would be easy to move. Basically its a 3 drawer shelf and it has wheels on the bottom. I'll post pictures of it later, I'm typing this at school right now and I didn't take pictures of it yet. Before this all my polish was in an old Sephora box that was falling apart. The rest that couldn't fit in the Sephora box was scattered about my room and computer desk. =P

Who's ready for spring?
What do you use to store your polish?
Peace and Love,
Serena

1 comment:

  1. We had a thaw here, too, though it didn't get to 70! Then yesterday we got eight inches of snow. :(

    I don't recall seeing that SH green yet; will have to keep an eye out.

    And I've got Helmers from IKEA for my polish, plus some overflow in cardboard boxes while I'm sorting out things for a blog sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! =) If you need a specific question answered email me at lacquerlove@gmail.com.

Also, please do not post your links in the comments section. I always make sure to visit the blogs of whoever comments and I will most likely follow you if you have a beauty or nail polish blog. Thank you!