Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spring Green

Wow, I didn't really plan to take such a long break from blogging. At first I stopped posting due to being busy with finals and high school graduation. Once you get out of the habit of doing something it can be hard to get back in.

Before I start rambling too much I'll start with what's on my nails at the moment! (Since that is the purpose of this blog after all..)


Click on the pictures to see them in more detail. I started this manicure off with Sally Hansen Green With Envy, a pretty lime creme. It covered in almost one coat and was pretty easy to apply. I layered OPI Simply Smashing over it, a yellow green tennis ball colour. It was part of the first Serena Williams set.



I like the way this layering combination looks in the shade better than in the sunlight. Taking pictures in the shade was also more comfortable since its about 100 degrees here!

A lot has happened since I last posted so I wanted to give an update on that. I graduated high school in May, went on vacation to California after that and had my 18th birthday June 17th. I recently enrolled in a college in my hometown. I have no idea what I want to do after college; I'm going for an English major.

Other than going on vacation with my family, this summer I've been spending time with my boyfriend and learning Japanese. I've always wanted to learn a second language and Japanese is one I've always loved. I like the way it sounds and the way the written language looks. I think I've made pretty good progress with my learning, especially with all the time I've had this summer.

Peace and Love,
Serena

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Nice layering (especially in shade, you're right)!
    Congrats on your decision to study Japanese, learning foreign languages is a great thing and Japanese handwriting is really charming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting updates! Sounds like you have a fun summer planned :) I wish you luck in school, don't worry about figuring it out just yet... but DO spend time exploring lots of opportunities! It's so true that you never know where something will lead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This green is very sweet. I don't have any of these polishes... I should try to find them :) thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful green! I really want to try this nail polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! =) If you need a specific question answered email me at lacquerlove@gmail.com.

Also, please do not post your links in the comments section. I always make sure to visit the blogs of whoever comments and I will most likely follow you if you have a beauty or nail polish blog. Thank you!