Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cosmic Blue

I recently purchased Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cosmic Blue. Out of all the new Sally Hansen's this one looked the most interesting to me. Its a royal blue with small round holographic glitter and stringy bar shaped holographic glitter. This one looks crazy holographic in the bottle, even in shade.


That picture is just in the shade. Judging by the crazy rainbow effect in the bottle you would think (hope) that all of it showed up on the nail. Not exactly. The blue base covers most of the glitter, making it look like you have bumpy blue glitter. A few pieces of glitter show through and show a holographic effect, but not as much as I was wanting.



Capturing the glitter and holographic was difficult, but my pictures turned out accurate. My expectations are a little high though, this colour still looks neat and a several people noticed the holographic effect. It took 3 coats to get this one opaque and I didn't have any application issues. I wish more of the string glitter showed up on the nail, I only got a few pieces to stick.

What do you think of this colour, is it on your wish list?

Thanks for reading!
Peace and Love,
Serena

10 comments:

  1. I really liked this polish in the bottle but decided not to buy it after seeing a few swatches. It doesn't translate onto the nail like I thought it would :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I need this color. NEED. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen Yeah...it looks amazing in the bottle but didn't show the same on the nail. I still like it but it isn't what I thought it would be.

    @Annamax Glad you like it! Its still a pretty neat colour, even if the tiny holographic glitter is a pain to capture on camera. Its a great blue shade and if you look at it in the right angle the rainbow sparks are awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, nice. I'm going to have to check to see if I have that one. LOL.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look great as always but I'm not sold on the polish since so much of the glitter gets lost. I'm not sure what SH was thinking with these shimmer/glitter combos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karen Thanks! This colour looks amazing in the bottle but on the nail only a few pieces of glitter show through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh stunning stunning color. It's like a midnight blue with stars! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that polish and looks like bubbles but is the glitter hidden under the polish, so pretty looking but such a fail :'(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! =) If you need a specific question answered email me at lacquerlove@gmail.com.

Also, please do not post your links in the comments section. I always make sure to visit the blogs of whoever comments and I will most likely follow you if you have a beauty or nail polish blog. Thank you!