Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dragon Scales

School starting has been so busy..I hope to post 2-3 times a week soon though. I did a pretty interesting konad manicure a few days ago but I waited until yesterday evening to take pictures so there is some wear showing in the pictures. I have no idea how I came up with this idea but I knew what colours I wanted to use so I went for it. Looking at it today I thought it looked like dragon scales so that's where the title comes from. The base colour I used is Misa Toxic Seduction, a gorgeous dark emerald green that doesn't look black in dim lighting or indoors. It looks pretty indoors but amazing in sunlight. I used an odd scale-y geometric pattern on the tips only using China Glaze Millennium. I can't remember what plate this is but when I get home I'll update this post.



The picture with the Misa bottle is a bit washed out, it was taken in direct sunlight. I absolutely love this colour, it's one of my favourite green polishes. (and I own lots of green polish!) It applies perfectly, just like all the others Misa's I own. It took two coats to become opaque.

Months ago I ordered from Fyrinnae and as soon as I tried the products I thought I should post a review and swatches of what I got. Well, its been almost a month and I still haven't done that. So sometime within the next week expect to see that. It will be kind of weird for me to write something non nail related but I felt these products were worth talking about. Here is a teaser:


Isn't it gorgeous? I love blue green colours! =) This colour looks much better in real life, I hope I am able to capture them well in my review.

One last thing: I need recommendations for a good yellow polish. One that applies well and goes on opaque. I would prefer it to be a mostly creme finish, but its okay if it has some very subtle shimmer. Here is a link to the colour I'm looking for: http://www.kijo.no/wp-content/uploads/pikachu-1zcp1gl.jpg
(Yes I know it's Pikachu, but that was the only thing I could think of that matches what kind yellow I want.)
One catch though, it must be able to be found at Sally's, Walgreens, Wal Mart, or Claires. Those are the only places around where I live that I can get polish. I have a nail art design I want to do and I need a yellow polish for it. (I do not have a yellow nail polish, warm colours are sparse in my collection..) This design in particular has been in my head since before I even started this blog so I am anxious to get it done. It was one of my first ideas and it doesn't involve the use of Konad. =)

Thanks for reading!
Peace and Love,
Serena

5 comments:

  1. Nice dragon scales mani and that shadow looks richly pigmented and intense. As for the yellow, I know that Sinful Colors has a yellow called Canary yellow - however, I don't know how opaque it is. I don't wear yellows but I've puchased it for another in a swap once. Good luck and here is the link, altho you will probably have to cut and paste it:

    http://www.sinfulcolors.com/product/product_detail.php?product_id=31&page=5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty mani!
    And I'm a fiend for Fyrinnae, they're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena!

    I was just looking for the same thing, a perfect yellow polish. My favorite so far is Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Lightening. It's a cream, was opaque for me in 2 coats but I used a third coat to cover up bald spots. I'm going to post swatches very soon of it and my other Insta-Dry! Good yellows are hard to find since most of them are super sheer =]

    Hope this helped,

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out both yellows, I've considered getting the Insta Dri before.

    @Phyrra: Your blog is a big reason for me ordering from Fyrinnae! Your article on the lip lustres is what triggered my order- I really wanted to try them, especially Ryunome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool colour :) great blog! found you though getcha nails did. check out my blog if you'd like to

    http://polishobsessed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! =) If you need a specific question answered email me at lacquerlove@gmail.com.

Also, please do not post your links in the comments section. I always make sure to visit the blogs of whoever comments and I will most likely follow you if you have a beauty or nail polish blog. Thank you!